Jeremy Allaire and Adam Berrey have posted the latest video trends for 2008:
- Branded Destinations – With the new start ups, the media companies with established brands will continue to build successful branded destinations to help them control the access to audiences.
- Audience Networks – The Big aggregators has the power to reach new audiences so the content owners will continue to develop the strategies of distribution that place elements of their content library into wide distribution, in most cases with advertising attached. Like putting advertisements in youtube.
- Audience Monetization – Nowadays, advertising mainly focus in the Internet TV market that has been on monetizing video streams. But these has not been shortsighted and not that effective as thinking about how to monetize audience. Content owners would search for new ways to blend ad formats, insertion policies, and targeting tactics across pages, short-form video clips, long-form shows, and open distribution.
- Contextual Publishing – Last two years, one of the key insights that short-form online video was best placed n a context. A context is created through the pages in the website, comments from users, line-ups in a player, etc. thus, you can put the right video clips in front of a viewer, which makes everyone happy. Its is expected to grow that it will be extended to slideshows and and audio contents more rich media is brought out the core of websites.
- High-Quality Video – This will push Internet TV closer to traditional broadcast TV, and create new opportunities for brand marketers.
Source: Podcasting News