This speaks about social networking. How it could help you share your ideas about your site and interact with groups, find friends and help each other with your online business.
Archive for the ‘Social Media’ Category
They’ve been tried and tested and internet marketers can tell you firsthand that these strategies still work when it comes to SEO:
A targeted reciprocal linking campaign is still being used widely in search engine optimization. Of course, reciprocal linking has to be planned. Don’t link with just any site. Linking with high-ranked and relevant sites brings great results to your website.
Many directories are now charging a fee for your site to get listed. There are still directories, however, that offers free listing. Free or paid listing is up to you. Either way, directory listings provide great back links for your site.
The local market isn’t standing still. Local market search is now also getting their share of traffic. What was once untapped is now also entering the market. Local searches is rising fast in the real of online searches for sure.
A press release will give not only a back link and traffic, it will get your site to be indirectly linked with industry authority websites. Add to that the fact that a well-written press release can be very effective as an advertising and publication strategy.
Article submissions are still a rave in search engine optimization. With embedded hyperlinks and exposure in many article directories, article submissions are a favorite.
Social Bookmarking and Networking
Storing, organizing, and posting links on social sites are also a common strategy among online marketers. This is a way to gain traffic and visitors through promoting your site to your connections and the social site. This is also similar to social media promotion wherein you use the social site’s main features to promote your site (e.g. Youtube, Flickr). Bookmarking sites and posts creates a way for you to generate solid back links.
Website - Fortunately, the evolution of the Internet has enabled many start-ups to project a professional image and to market themselves for relatively little money. Once you have your website designed, research hosting options and purchase the domain name of your choice. Your domain name should reflect your business name and nature of your product or service. Post your business on as many free online business directories and social/business networking sites as you can. Remember, you don’t want to tell your whole story in an online listing, just compel people to visit your website so they can browse at their leisure.
Logo - A logo visually reflects your company’s identity and creates brand recognition. With a logo, clean and simple is usually the best way to go, as it may end up being reproduced in various sizes and in black and white as well as in color. You can opt to design your logo yourself, or hire a professional designer. If you hire a designer, make sure you have versions of your logo formatted for web as well as print.
Business cards and Stationery - Consistently designed business cards, letterhead, and envelopes create a cohesive image for your organization. You will probably need to research graphic designers to create the logo, and printers to produce your finished pieces.
Press Releases & Networking - Get the word out! Write a press release with your latest news. Submit it to local newspapers, and online via several press release distribution sites. Take advantage of local networking resources, such as joining chambers of commerce, attending business fairs, and volunteering for community events.
Step 1: Create an Article That Grabs Readers’ Interest
Once you have uploaded your videos to YouTube, you must heavily promote your videos if you want to sell more books, products and services online. One of the most effective ways to broadcast your message is by writing articles related to your videos and submitting them to the top article directories, websites and ezines that accept articles.
While writing your articles keep in mind that the best result-producing articles are the ones that provide unique, high quality content that solves at least one piece of a problem puzzle. However, to convert readers to buyers, you must not give the reader all of the answers to the “HOW” to solve a particular problem. Instead you want to tease them with some of the how and top it off with the why it’s important.
Step 2: Turn Readers into Prospects With a Strong Call for Action and an Offer They Can’t Refuse
At the end of your article, you can promote yourself and attract visitors to your YouTube video page with a bio box. This is where most article marketers make the fatal mistake of failing to encapsulate the essence of what makes you and your offering unique. For example, they may write something like:
Blah Blah, is a keynote speaker, seminar leader and author. She has spoken in 26 countries on four continents. She is president of Yada Dada, Las Vegas. Check out her YouTube video at___________
Technically there is nothing wrong — except it is BORING.
You need to stimulate people to visit your website immediately. Otherwise, they will forget you are alive five minutes later. Here’s an example bio box for you to model:
Fitness Expert, Craig Ballantyne helps millions of busy moms lose fat while gaining muscle with just 3 short workouts a week. Watch his new YouTube Video at _________ and discover 3 new turbulence training excercises that will help you burn belly fat now! And as a special bonus, you’ll receive a FREE special offer to receive Craig’s Controversial Fat Loss Report revealing the most common exercise myths that are sabotaging your fat loss efforts.
Doesn’t this make you want to go visit Craig’s YouTube video right away?
Step 3: Submit your articles to the top article directories to build links and improve your search engine optimization.
Just like your website, to increase your YouTube Video page’s search ranking on Google, you must increase the number of inbound links to the page. The higher you climb in search results the more unique visitors you will get.
By submitting articles to the top article directories like EzineArticles.com, you will instantly receive a guaranteed link to your YouTube page as long as you follow each directory’s specific editorial guidelines.
Step 4: Submit your articles to the top, targeted websites and ezines that accept article submissions in your niche.
For best results and to climb higher in search engine rankings you can’t just have any link. You must have links on high-trafficked websites with high Google Page Rankings and high Alexa Traffic Rankings. Plus, by placing your articles on highly-competitive, targeted websites like About.com, instead of just second tier article directories that will publish anyone’s articles, you will win trust in the hearts and minds of your targeted audience before they even see your YouTube video.
Follow these tips, and you will drive traffic to your YouTube video pages and create an instant buzz so you can become an Internet celebrity and sell more books, products and services online.
1. Increase your linkability - This is the first and most important priority for websites. Many sites are “static” - meaning they are rarely updated and used simply for a storefront. To optimize a site for social media, we need to increase the linkability of the content. Adding a blog is a great step, however there are many other ways such as creating white papers and thought pieces, or even simply aggregating content that exists elsewhere into a useful format.
2. Make tagging and bookmarking easy - Adding content features like quick buttons to “add to del.icio.us” are one way to make the process of tagging pages easier, but we go beyond this, making sure pages include a list of relevant tags, suggested notes for a link (which come up automatically when you go to tag a site), and making sure to tag our pages first on popular social bookmarking sites (including more than just the homepage).
3. Reward inbound links - Often used as a barometer for success of a blog (as well as a website), inbound links are paramount to rising in search results and overall rankings. To encourage more of them, we need to make it easy and provide clear rewards. From using Permalinks to recreating Similarly, listing recent linking blogs on your site provides the reward of visibility for those who link to you.
4. Help your content travel - Unlike much of SEO, SMO is not just about making changes to a site. When you have content that can be portable (such as PDFs, video files and audio files), submitting them to relevant sites will help your content travel further, and ultimately drive links back to your site.
5. Encourage the mashup - In a world of co-creation, it pays to be more open about letting others use your content (within reason). YouTube’s idea of providing code to cut and paste so you can imbed videos from their site has fueled their growth. Syndicating your content through RSS also makes it easy for others to create mashups that can drive traffic or augment your content.
Source: Influential Marketing
Comparing the power of Web 2.0 (through Youtube.com) and PPC…
Joy Marino would say:
“Web 2.0 stomps the old ways of advertising, IMHO. You get instant feedback, you earn credibility and build relationships with complete strangers and you can reach any one, in any demographic, ANYWHERE in the world!”
Find out why!